Multiple roles - Fixed term or Casual
Myrtleford, Bright and Mt Beauty,
Residential Aged Care and Acute Ward
About Alpine Health:
Alpine Health is a progressive multi-purpose health service in the beautiful Alpine Region of North East Victoria. With sites in Myrtleford, Bright and Mt Beauty, we have a reputation for providing acute health, residential aged care, early intervention, community health services and education and training in an innovative, flexible and responsive way to our rural communities.
Alpine Health acknowledges gender equality, inclusiveness and diversity in employment opportunity.
The Enrolled Nurse (EN) is a key member of Alpine Health’s clinical team. EN appointments delivers competent patient care that supports the operational objectives of Alpine Health. The EN will demonstrate a high level of skill in clinical practice, in accordance with the National Competency Standards for ENs.
The Enrolled Nurse maintains the following primary responsibilities:
- Delivery of 24 hour, contemporary, evidence base nursing care nursing care in line with the requirements of the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards:
- Clinical Governance
- Partnering with Consumers
- Preventing and Controlling Healthcare-Associated Infections
- Medication Safety
- Comprehensive Care
- Communicating for Safety
- Blood Management
- Recognising and Responding to Acute Deterioration
- Contributes to a safe and enjoyable work environment through positive work place behaviour.
- Person centred care through assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care in collaboration with individuals and the multi-disciplinary team under the supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- Current Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) registration – Enrolled Nurse
- Nursing experience in rural communities (desirable)
- Physical and emotional capacity to meet requirements of a nursing role and 24 hour roster.
- Responsiveness: Ability to cope with dynamic service demands with integrity and impartiality.
- Respect: The treatment of others fairly and objectively; ensuring freedom from discrimination, harassment and bullying. The ability to maintain confidentiality and to recognize the rights, dignity and independence of all people.
- Accountability: Accept responsibility for decisions and actions, have insight into personal limitations demonstrates a willingness to receive feedback and dedication continuous self-improvement. Seek to achieve the best use of resources, recognising and acknowledging any real or perceived conflicts of interest.
What we offer:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Salary Packaging
- Staff health and wellbeing program
- Employee assistance program
- Outstanding career progression and ongoing professional development
Please see the role description for further information.
11 December 2021
Role Description - Enrolled Nurse (PDF)
Mandy Barter | Health Service Manager | 03 57519343
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must include;
- Cover letter
- Resume including names and contact details of two professional referees
- Statement of capacity to meet the Position Requirements detailed in the Role Description
- Application for Employment
- Immunisation Status
- National Police History Check with no greater than 6 months currency
- Working with Children’s Check (where required)