Associate Nurse Unit Manager
Ongoing Permanent 0.9 FTE available to work in the acute setting
About Alpine Health:
Alpine Health is a progressive multi-purpose health service in the beautiful Alpine Region of North East Victoria. With sites in Myrtleford, Bright and Mt Beauty, we have a reputation for providing acute health, residential aged care, early intervention, community health services and education and training in an innovative, flexible and responsive way to our rural communities.
Alpine Health acknowledges gender equality, inclusiveness and diversity in employment opportunity.
The Associate Nurse Unit Manager (ANUM) is a key member of Alpine Health’s clinical leadership team. ANUM appointments will perform the in-charge function of a unit during the off duty periods of the Nurse Unit Manager. As a clinical leader within the nursing team, the ANUM plays an integral role in the day to day coordination of clinical care, as well as the operational management of the unit, including supporting the Nurse Unit Manager with human resources, change management and ensuring safer care outcomes.
The ANUM will demonstrate a high level of skill in clinical practice, delivering professional and collaborative health services consistent with the clinical, strategic and operational objectives of Alpine Health.
The Associate Nurse Unit Manager maintains the following primary responsibilities:
- Facilitate nursing leadership to ensure safe care outcomes inclusive of effective human and clinical resource management.
- Provide shift by shift co-ordination of care, supervision and delegation of nursing care within the specific area of practice to facilitate the delivery of all assessed patient nursing care requirements over a 24 hour nursing care cycle in line with the requirements of the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards relating to:
- Clinical Governance
- Partnering with Consumers
- Preventing and Controlling Healthcare-Associated Infections
- Medication Safety
- Comprehensive Care
- Communicating for Safety
- Blood Management
- Recognising and Responding to Acute Deterioration
- Fostering a safe and enjoyable work environment through positive work place behaviour and effective conflict resolution.
- Service improvement to ensure the highest standards of nursing care through systematic, solution focused problem solving.
- Current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse without condition or restriction.
- Up to date competency in advanced life support
- Demonstrated ability to achieve Alpine Health’s Standing Order Learning Packages within 3 months of appointment.
- Post graduate studies in nursing, clinical care or leadership
- Nursing experience in rural communities
- Clinical leadership and portfolio management
- Physical and emotional capacity to meet requirements of a nursing role and 24 hour roster.
- Responsiveness: Ability to cope with dynamic service demands with integrity and impartiality.
- Respect: The treatment of others fairly and objectively; ensuring freedom from discrimination, harassment and bullying. The ability to maintain confidentiality and to recognize the rights, dignity and independence of all people.
- Accountability: Accept responsibility for decisions and actions, have insight into personal limitations demonstrates a willingness to receive feedback and dedication continuous self-improvement. Seek to achieve the best use of resources, recognising and acknowledging any real or perceived conflicts of interest.
What we offer:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Salary Packaging
- Staff health and wellbeing program
- Employee assistance program
- Outstanding career progression and ongoing professional development
Please see the role description for further information.
11 December 2021
Role Description - Associate Nurse Unit Manager (PDF)
Mandy Barter | Health Service Manager | 03 57519343
Please send applications to email@example.com
Applications must include;
- Cover letter
- Resume including names and contact details of two professional referees
- Statement of capacity to meet the Position Requirements detailed in the Role Description
- Application for Employment
- Immunisation Status
- National Police History Check with no greater than 6 months currency
- Working with Children’s Check (where required)