COVID-19 News and Updates
- More information about the current restrictions can be found at COVIDSafe Settings
- This is a rapidly changing situation, so please revisit this page for regular updates.
Visitors to Residential Aged Care & Hospital facilties
For the latest advice please visit
Visitors should check with staff before seeing patients and residents and adhere to staff advice regarding the number of visitors and the appropriate length of the visit as per the current Directions from the State Government.
Visitors must comply with all screening and infection control measures put in place by the hospital/aged care facility. Visitors to any hospital /aged care facility across Victoria must wear a face mask. Even with a face mask, you should keep at least 1.5 metres apart from others.
Visitors should also:
- wash your hands after using lifts, holding railings and every time you enter and exit the patient’s /resident's room
- follow rules about visitation and time limits
- limit movement around the hospital/aged care facility as much as possible
- limit the number of personal items you bring into the hospital/aged care facility
- follow rules about wearing specific masks, gloves or gowns as directed.
Hospital and Aged Care staff will help you follow these conditions to help keep your family members or friends safe.
We appreciate this may be a difficult time for patients, residents and their families. If you are unsure if you can visit a loved one, please speak to your Nurse Unit Manager. They are always available to discuss any concerns.
We thank you for your patience and understanding.