The Life! program is a free lifestyle modification program that helps you reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
What we do
Run by expert health professionals, the program is delivered in a group education setting.
Who we help
If you are at risk of developing Type 2 Diabetes, Heart Disease or Stroke you may be eligible to acess this free lifestyle modification program. If you are;
- 18 years and over and have an AUSDRISK score≥ 12 and a Body Mass Index score ≥ 25
- 18 years or more and have previously been diagnosed with one or more of the following:
- heart attack or stroke
- diabetes during pregnancy
- kidney disease
- high cholesterol
- high blood pressure
- high blood glucose levels
- polycystic ovary syndrome
- • 45 years or more, or ≥ 35 years and of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent, and have an Absolute Risk score of ≥10% when referred by a GP clinic.
How to access the service
You will need to have one or more of the eligibility criteria to access this service. Please ask your GP about the program or contact Maureen Ryland to book or for more information.
►Phone: 03 5755 0133