Birthing and Early Parenting
What we do
Alpine Health registered midwives offer birthing and early parenting classes that are designed for pregnant women and their partners and or support person to attend together. We encourage all partners and support people to come along.
- Preparation for birth including the process of birth and stages of labour, managing pain and birth
- The basics of breastfeeding including how to latch and positioning
- What to expect in the early weeks of parenting
- Caring for your baby with feeding, changing nappies, bathing, settling, sleep and more
- The importance of connecting with others for support
- Plenty of question time so you can have your questions answered by local midwives
When should I go to classes?
Generally classes are most beneficial when attended between 20 and 36 weeks of pregnancy.
Can I attend if I am planning to have my baby in Wangaratta or Wodonga birthing centres?
Yes, our local midwives have links to local health services and Wangaratta and Wodonga birthing centres. You can attend these classes locally and look at the birthing centres separately.
2021 BIRTHING AND PARENTING CLASSES
- Full Day - 10.00am - 3.00pm
- Half Day - 5.30pm - 8.30pm
- Feb 18 and Feb 25
- May 13 and May 20
- Aug 12 and Aug 19
- Oct 28 and Nov 4
- Jan 28 and Feb 4
- Apr 22 and April 29
- July 15 and July 22
- Oct 7 and Oct 14
- Nov 25 and Dec 2
- Mar 11 and Mar 18
- June 3 and June 10
- Sept 2 and Sept 9
- Nov 11 and Nov 18
Alpine Health Hospital in Bright, Mt Beauty and Myrtleford
How to access the service
Bookings can be made through the Maternity Services Co-ordinator or Mt Beauty Hospital Reception during business hours on 03 5754 3500.
Maternity Services Co-Ordinator can be contacted on Tuesday to Thursday.
►Phone: 0438 754 019