Birthing and Early Parenting
What we do
Alpine Health registered midwives offer birthing and early parenting classes that are designed for pregnant women and their partners and or support person to attend together. We encourage all partners and support people to come along.
- Preparation for birth including the process of birth and stages of labour, managing pain and birth
- The basics of breastfeeding including how to latch and positioning
- What to expect in the early weeks of parenting
- Caring for your baby with feeding, changing nappies, bathing, settling, sleep and more
- The importance of connecting with others for support
- Plenty of question time so you can have your questions answered by local midwives
When should I go to classes?
Generally classes are most beneficial when attended between 20 and 36 weeks of pregnancy.
Can I attend if I am planning to have my baby in Wangaratta or Wodonga birthing centres?
Yes, our local midwives have links to local health services and Wangaratta and Wodonga birthing centres. You can attend these classes locally and look at the birthing centres separately.
BIRTHING AND PARENTING CLASSES
- Full Day - 10.00am - 3.00pm
- Half Day - 5.30pm - 8.30pm
- March 5th and 12th
- May 16th (full day)
- June 25th and July 2nd
- Sept 19th (full day)
- Oct 22nd and 29th
- March 14th (full day)
- April 23rd and 30th
- June 11th and 18th
- Aug 6th and 13th
- Oct 10th (full day)
- Nov 26th and Dec 3rd
- Feb 20th and 27th
- April 16th and 23rd
- July 18th (full day)
- Aug 20 and 27th
- Nov 5th and 12th
Alpine Health Hospital in Bright, Mt Beauty and Myrtleford
How to access the service
Bookings can be made through the Maternity Services Co-ordinator or Mt Beauty Hospital Reception during business hours on 03 5754 3500.
Maternity Services Co-Ordinator can be contacted on Tuesday to Thursday.
►Phone: 0439 754 019