Communities that Care Alpine (CTCA)
Organisations and community groups within the Alpine Shire have come together to create Communities that Care Alpine (CTCA). Alpine Health is the auspice agency for CTCA.
CTCA is a community based initiative designed to promote the healthy social development of children and young people. Underpinned by the Social Development Strategy, CTCA aims to improve the lives of children, young people and families living in the Alpine Shire.
Communities That Care Alpine 2020-2024
Recognising and understanding that the CTCA Youth Survey 2019 results provided a snap-shot of young people pre-bushfires and COVID, the CTCA coalition elected to take a deeper dive into the health and social issues impacting people aged 12 – 25 years across the Alpine Shire.
- In November 2020, the CTCA coalition elected for a steering committee to progress this work by delivering the first Youth Strategy for young people in the Alpine Shire.
- Steering committee consists of Alpine Health, Alpine Shire Council, Nellen and Nesay
- Through a tender process commissioned by the Alpine Shire Council on behalf of CTCA, the consultancy group Spark Strategy were awarded the contract to develop an “Alpine Shire Youth Strategy”
The aim of the Youth Strategy is to support CTCA coalition to better target programs and direct services, maintain and establish new partnership where they are needed and to seek funding strategically to provide these services. It is anticipated that a CTCA implementation plan (Phase 4 - Develop a plan) will fall out of the strategy and delivered (Phase 5 - Implement and evaluate the Plan) across the Alpine Shire. The CTC five phase process is being followed and we are currently in Phase 3 - Develop a profile.
As a note: COVID restrictions and public safety orders in general has impacted timelines with a great deal re-scheduling and creative thinking to help us to continue this work.
CTCA relies on significant funding to support its efforts and acknowledges that this work cannot be done without the funding support of:
- CH PCP Partner Agency Projects - $10,000
- The Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal (FRRR) - $30,000
- Alpine Shire Council Youth Services Budget - $20,000
Phase 1 & 2 - Get Ready & Get Started
Phase 3 - Develop a Profile
Take our online survey – open from December 2021 – January 2022
The last two years have been very different and have presented new challenges for every one of us. We want to hear about “What Matters” for people aged between 12-25 years and live in the Alpine Shire. Take this 10 minute survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FJ2QFYJ to tell us about your aspirations, motivations and goals for you and the community.
#Alpinehealth #Alpineshirecouncil #Nellen #Nesay #communitiesthatcarealpine
CTC Youth Survey
In September 2019, the CTC youth survey was competed by nine schools across the Alpine Shire by students in Year 5, Year 6, Year 7, Year 9 and Year 11.
The 2019 survey is the third such survey conducted in the Alpine Shire.
- 2009 surveyed students in Myrtleford – CTCM Community Action Plan 2012 - 2015
- 2015 surveyed students from Myrtleford and Mount Beauty – CTCA Community Action Plan 2017 - 2019
- 2019 surveyed students from nine schools across the Alpine Shire
This data provides us with a rich snap shot of the lives of young people in the Alpine Shire and significant longitudinal and comparative data.
Other CTCA activities throughout 2020 & 2021
Lisa Neville (Pronouns: she/her/hers)
Health Promotion Officer | CTC Alpine Coordinator
[email protected] | 03 5755 0132