Improved health and well-being of our communities.
Provide and improve sustainable health and education services for our communities in partnership with them.
Purpose, Philosophy and Principles
Alpine Health is driven to improve the health and well-being of the community, by working with individuals, communities, and partner organisations. Our purpose is to work with our communities to improve the overall health and well-being of people within our communities. We provide, and continually improve integrated, sustainable local health services.
This purpose is underpinned by a strong commitment to local service delivery. We agree that community health is best served through local, decentralised service models. ‘Local Services for Local People’ enables better experiences for patients and consumers and better health outcomes for the community. We also believe an educated, informed and engaged community is a healthy community. If we can educate and inform the community about health issues, we effectively empower people to take ownership of, and improve their health.
Service development, governance, delivery and management is guided by the following principles. These have been derived from extensive community consultation with the community, service users and staff members and tested through the planning process.
- INNOVATION – We are innovative in our approach to improving health.
- PARTNERSHIP – We work in partnership to ensure seamless health care.
- CHOICE - We offer people service options and choices.
- LOCAL - Local service delivery is preferred over distant service delivery and home-based service delivery options are preferred over institutional delivery options.
- RESPONSIVE – We are flexible and responsive to the needs of individuals.
- RESPONSIBILITY - We recognise that individuals are primarily responsible for improving their own health and well-being.
- RESPECT - We respect the rights, dignity, independence and privacy of our clients and we will provide services directed to their needs.
- SAFETY AND QUALITY - We provide evidence-based health services that deliver safe and high-quality health care.
- PARTICIPATION AND CONSULTATION – We engage with and listen to our communities, those who use our service, our staff members and our service partners