Alpine Health is committed to working with the community to plan and deliver the best possible programs and services. We believe that consumers should be meaningfully involved in making decisions about their health care and treatment, as well as with broader health policies, planning and service delivery.
Evidence shows that consumer participation has the following benefits:
- Enhanced quality, safety and effectiveness of care
- Improvements in health outcomes
- A better understanding of the culture and particular needs of the community
- More appropriate and responsive programs and services
- Greater accountability with the community.
At Alpine Health there are a number of opportunities for consumers and community members to be involved in planning, service delivery and quality improvement activities.