Active living is one of the key actions to increase overall wellbeing and prevent chronic disease in the Alpine Shire. Our health promotion work involves creating supportive environments in the community which make being physically active an easier choice.
What we do
The Active Alpine Group has representation from Alpine Health, Gateway Health, Alpine Shire Council and Sport North East. The group aims to increase and promote opportunities to be active in the Alpine Shire and in turn promote health and wellbeing, social connection and a healthy, thriving community. Our plan is to:
- Promote existing events, free, family-oriented activities and facilities
- Support development of a physical activity policy/strategy
- Support walking and cycling path connections/improvements
- Map existing informal recreation opportunities and multiple-use sporting facilities
- Support sports clubs and workplaces to build healthy environments
In 2020, we are promoting physical activity opportunities in the Alpine Shire through the Premier's Active April campaign.
View the 2020 Calendar of Events in the Alpine Shire.
How to access
We welcome anyone who is interested in improving their health and wellbeing through physical activity
Maureen Ryland - Health Promotion Officer