District Nursing Service
Our District Nursing Service provides clinical nursing support in the home. Services are available for shorter or longer periods depending on your individual needs.
What we do
Our team of registered and enrolled nurses offer a range of services that can include;
- Wound management
- Medication monitoring, management and education
- Diabetes education, support and management
- Stomal and catheter care
- General health monitoring and education
- Health assessments, service advice and referrals
- Showering/hygiene assessments
- Advanced Care Planning – making decisions about your future healthcare treatment options
- Advice and assistance with referrals to other services
- Palliative care support
Who we help
District Nursing Services are available to anyone who needs clinical nursing support in the home. There are eligibility and suitability requirements which are considered on an individual basis.
How to access
Contact the District Nursing Service team on (03) 5751 9374 during office hours or email [email protected] to find out more about the service, getting a referral and fees. Eligibility and suitability requirements apply.
If you are aged over 65 years, please contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 or visit the website www.myagedcare.gov.au as they will be able to assist you with the referral to DNS and any other support services you may require.