Home and Community Care Program for Younger People (HACC PYP)
The Home and Community Care Program for Younger People provides support and services to younger people and their carers, who are experiencing difficulty performing the activities of daily living.
Clients may require this assistance due to physical and/or psychosocial functional impairment related to disability (for which they are not eligible for the NDIS), chronic illness and short-term health needs.
These supports are in place to help them remain independent within their home and in the community.
- Individuals who are under the age of 65 years or under 50 years of age for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and who experience difficulty carrying out the tasks of daily living are eligible to apply for HACC-PYP supports.
- Carers of a person (as above) who has difficulty carrying out the tasks of daily living are also eligible.
- You have been assessed as not eligible for NDIS
The main types of HACC PYP Services are:
- domestic assistance
- personal care
- food services (meals on wheels or centre based meals)
- planned activity group
- property maintenance
- respite services
- community transport services
Note: Services may vary from Shire to Shire. Please discuss with the HACC PYP Assessment Officer.
How to access