Home and Community Care Program for Younger People (HACC PYP)
The Home and Community Care Program for Younger People provides support and services to younger people and their carers, who are experiencing difficulty performing the activities of daily living.
You may require this assistance due to physical and/or psychosocial functional impairment related to short term health needs, chronic illness or disability (for which you are not eligible for the NDIS).
These supports are in place to help you remain independent within your home and in the community.
If you are having difficulty with the tasks of daily living and are;
- Individuals who are under the age of 65 years
- Under 50 years of age for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
- Carers of a person (as above) who has difficulty carrying out the tasks of daily living are also eligible.
The main types of HACC PYP Services are:
- domestic assistance
- personal care
- food services (meals on wheels or centre based meals)
- planned activity group
- property maintenance
- respite services
- community transport services
Note: Services may vary from Shire to Shire. Please discuss with the HACC PYP Assessment & Intake Officer.
How to access