Home and Community Care Program for Younger People (HACC PYP) | Alpine Health
Skip to content Skip to navigation

Home and Community Care Program for Younger People (HACC PYP)

young man helping another young man to button his shirt

Support for people under 65 years of age, or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people under 50 years of age.


HACC PYP supports Victorians to optimise their health and wellbeing, while maintaining or regaining their independence to live safely in their homes, and actively participate in their community.

This may be due to chronic illness, mental health issues, disability or other conditions where they need one-off, intermittent or ongoing support to undertake the activities of daily living.

What type of services are available?

icon for cleaning
Domestic Assistance

Trained staff come to your home to help with housework including sweeping, mopping and vacuuming floors, cleaning bathrooms and toilets, cleaning benches and cupboards, dusting, making or changing beds.

icon for shower
Personal Care

Experienced and qualified staff come to your home to help with personal hygiene including showering, dressing & undressing, toileting, shaving and grooming, eating and drinking and assistance with shopping.

icon of a heart to represent respite
Carer Respite

Respite is available so carers can take a break to enjoy social activities, attend appointments, go shopping or participate in leisure activities.

icon for meals

Meals on Wheels deliver tasty and healthy meals to your home. Meals include an entrée, main course, dessert and juice or fruit.

icon for social support
Social Support

We help you get out and about so you can participate in community life and feel socially included through structured, group-based activities.

These supports are in place to help you remain independent within your home and in the community.


If you are having difficulty with the tasks of daily living and are;

  • Individuals who are under the age of 65 years 
  • Under 50 years of age for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders 
  • Carers of a person (as above) who has difficulty carrying out the tasks of daily living.

You may require this assistance due to physical or mental impairment related to short term health needs, chronic illness or a disability (for which you are not eligible for NDIS).

Who can make a Referral?

  • You can self-refer
  • You can visit your doctor, health worker or service provider and ask them to make a referral on your behalf that identifies your physical or mental condition.

Make a HACC PYP Referral

  • Download and complete the HACCPYP Referral Form

  • Email the completed Referral Form to the Intake & Assessment team at

Alpine Residents [email protected]
Indigo Residents [email protected]
  • Or you can call the Alpine Health Intake and Assessment Team on 03 5751 9355 

The Intake & Assessment Team will contact you

  • The Intake and Assessment Team will contact you to confirm your eligibility and discuss the support you need.


Getting support with domestic assistance has been the biggest help. It’s meant I’ve been able to spend more time helping my mother with her daily physiotherapy needs. Peter - Carer of his mother

After my car accident, having short-term help with cleaning and meals was a lifesaver. Patient

Back to top