The Healthy and Wise Program
Are you over 55 years?
Are you keen to make the most of this phase of your life
Then the Healthy and Wise Program may be for you
What we do
This 8 week education program is run by Albury Wodonga Health’s Older Adults Mental Health team in partnership with ALPINE HEALTH. A range of guest speakers provide up to date and interesting information about a range of topics such as;
- Physical health & wellbeing
- Keeping active and socially connected
- Life changes, managing stress & relaxation
- Depression - ‘not just the blues’
- Memory and minding your mind
- Life’s losses, grieving, making meaning & moving forward
- Getting things in order - financial and legal matters
- The getting of wisdom and enjoying this stage of life!
Who we help
We help men and women over the age of 55 who live in the Alpine Shire and want to improve their health, wellbeing and satisfaction with life and share their wealth of life experience with others.
How to access the service
You don't need a referral to access this service. There is a small $5 program fee to get started and a gold coin donation for each session.To find out more information please contact;
Alpine Health - Health Promotion Officer
►Contact: Maureen Ryland
►Phone: 03 5755 0133
Healthy & Wise Program Co-ordinator - NE Border Mental Health Service
►Contact: Marie Williams
►Phone: 03 5723 8978