Nutrition and Dietetics
We empower people from all walks of life to take control of their health and enjoy their food.
What we do
Our qualified dietitian provides nutrition advice to suit your individual cooking skills, budget, lifestyle and personal preferences. Through individual appointments and in a group setting, we help you learn how to manage your health and dietary needs. We work closely with you and your care team so that you have the best care.
The dietitian works with other Alpine Health professionals and private providers to deliver group education, including the PACE Program.
Who we help
We provide a free service, with no need for a referral, to the following people who will benefit from seeing a dietitian including;
- People with heart disease, diabetes, kidney disease, IBS (intolerances, allergies) and cancer
- Those who have been unwell and lost weight without meaning to (especially the elderly)
How to access
You do not need a referral to make an appointment but we do suggest you speak to your GP first.
Contact your local GP clinic in Myrtleford or Mt Beauty, or the Alpine Health Community Health Centre in Bright to make an appointment.
||GP Surgery / Clinic
|| Standish Street Surgery
||03 5751 9900
|| Alpine Health Community Health Centre
||03 5755 0123
|| Mt Beauty Medical Centre
||03 5754 3400
The Alpine Health dietitian is also available to see clients if you or a family member are;
- Receiving care for dialysis
- Are in one of the Hospitals in Bright, Myrtleford, or Mt Beauty
- Are in one of the Residential Aged Care facilities ie. Barwidgee Lodge, Hawthorn Village, Kiewa Valley House
- For more information please contact the Nurse in Charge at your facility to arrange an appointment.