Safety and Quality
Alpine Health’s clinical governance ensures that our community and consumers can be confident that systems are in place to deliver safe and high-quality health care, and continuously improve services.
Safer Care Victoria describe clinical governance as an integrated component of corporate governance of health service organisations. It ensures that everyone – from our frontline clinicians to managers and members of our Board – are accountable to our consumers across all our services and the broader community for assuring the delivery of health services that are safe, effective, integrated, high quality and continuously improving.
Alpine Health supports its clinical governance through:
- the organisational committee structure
- the monitoring and analysis of a range of clinical indicators
- developing a culture of transparency, continuous improvement and clinical engagement
- encouraging consumer input into service planning
- accreditation against the National Safety and Quality Healthcare Standards, the Aged Care Standards and the NDIS standards.