Bernece Delany Volunteer Award
The Bernece Delany Volunteer Award commenced in 2014 and recognises an individual who exemplifies the generosity of volunteering and who selflessly gives their time and talent to benefit others in the Alpine community.
The annual Bernece Delany Volunteer Award is a unique local opportunity to say 'thank you' during National Volunteer Week.
Anyone can nominate a volunteer. The only requirement is that the nominee must be a volunteer. The award is open to volunteers of all ages who reside in the Alpine Shire.
The Bernece Delany Volunteer Award is announced during National Volunteers Week in May each year. The Award includes a donation to the successful recipient’s nominated community volunteer organisation.
Volunteer Award Recipients
- 2022 - Nola Novak
- 2021 - Meg Crebbin
- 2020 - Peter and Terri Hopper
- 2019 - Lois Matthews
- 2018 – Trish Cross
- 2017 – Elaine & John Harris
- 2016 – Mike Worton
- 2015 – Les Hooper
- 2014 – Janet Leita
Nominations for 2022
Nominations are now open and will close Friday 6 May 2022.
In the submission for your nomination, please:
- Outline the volunteer’s role in your organisation (including length of service).
- Explain how their volunteer work has helped others in the Alpine Health community and why they should receive the Bernece Delany Volunteer Award.
- Supply any other information that you consider relevant to this nomination.
- All nominations are to be made on the appropriate Nomination Form with relevant attachments.
- The Nomination Form and attachments should provide sufficient information to enable proper assessment by the judging panel.
- We request a brief background of your organisation be included with each nomination.
- All nominations require two referees and we ask that each of these referees provide a letter outlining their support for the nomination.
Download the Selection Criteria
Download the Nomination Form
For further information
Linda Charles 03 5751 9300 | [email protected]