Home Care Support Worker
Permanent - Full Time, Part Time, Casual
Alpine and Indigo Shire locations
About Alpine Health:
Alpine Health is a progressive multi-purpose health service in the beautiful Alpine Region of North East Victoria. With sites in Myrtleford, Bright and Mt Beauty, we have a reputation for providing acute health, residential aged care, early intervention, community health services and education and training in an innovative, flexible and responsive way to our rural communities.
Alpine Health acknowledges gender equality, inclusiveness and diversity in employment opportunity.
We are looking for Home Care Support Workers to join the Community Services team commencing in early 2022. Home Care Support Workers provide home care focusing directly on the assessed needs of the individual to assist them in maintaining their independence and ensuring client centred service delivery. Care staff will consistently demonstrate empathy in their approach, have strong customer service skills, and up to date knowledge and skills in domestic and personal care.
The Home Care Support Worker maintains the following primary responsibilities:
- As part of the Home Care Team provide high quality home care service with a focus on strengthening client independence. Ensures commitment to continuous improvement and delivery of quality, customer focused service.
- Forms and manages relationships across the organisation, working with multi-disciplinary teams to establish workforce and individual capacity that fosters high level performance, standards compliance, and continuous improvement.
- Employs professionally appropriate communication styles in a range of contexts. Uses a range of techniques to elicit and provide information when working with people and ensures a high quality of care when working with colleagues.
- Manages self to maintain effectiveness, inclusive of a commitment to continual professional learning and growth.
What we offer:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Salary packaging
- Staff health and wellbeing program
- Employee assistance program
- Outstanding career progression and ongoing professional development
Please see the role description for further information.
Role Description - Home Care Support Worker (PDF)
Emma Ghys, Community Services Manager
03 5751 9425 | [email protected]
Please send applications to [email protected]
Applications must include;
- Cover letter
- Resume including names and contact details of two professional referees
- Statement of capacity to meet the performance outcomes and position requirements detailed in the Role Description
- Application for Employment
- Immunisation Status
- National Police History Check with no greater than 6 months currency
- Working with Children’s Check (where required)