Home Care Support Worker
Casual & Part time negotiable
Alpine and Indigo Shire locations
Join our reputable and amazing Community Care Team and help fulfill a growing need in our community.
Alpine Health is a progressive multi-purpose health service in the beautiful Alpine Region of North East Victoria. With sites in Myrtleford, Bright and Mt Beauty, we have a reputation for providing acute health, residential aged care, early intervention, community health services and education and training in an innovative, flexible and responsive way to our rural communities.
Alpine Health acknowledges gender equality, inclusiveness and diversity in employment opportunity.
The Home Care Support Worker provides home care focusing directly on the assessed needs of the individual to assist them in maintaining their independence and ensuring client centred service delivery. Care staff will consistently demonstrate empathy in their approach, have strong customer service skills, and up to date knowledge and skills in domestic and personal care.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Certificate 3 in Personal Care
- Current Victorian Driver’s License (including a registered, roadworthy and insured vehicle).
- Immunisation status consistent with Alpine Health’s Staff Immunisation Procedure
- Level 2 First aid certificate.
What we offer:
- Positions available for immediate start
- Alpine and Indigo Shire locations
- Choose your own hours to suit family and lifestyle (can be as little as 4 hours per week).
- Flexible shifts across 7.00am - 7.00pm Monday to Friday and weekend work available with penalty rates.
- Would suit mature age, change of careers, school leavers, and those who want to work with older people
- Support provided to complete - Certificate III in Individual Support for Personal Care duties if desired.
- Salary packaging- save many tax dollars and improve your take-home pay
- Employee assistance program for you and your family
Note: All health and aged care workers are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This means you need to have received three doses or have a medical contraindication certificate to be eligible for employment. If successful in your job application, you will be required to provide a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status along with other vaccinations depending on the role for which you have applied.
Please see the role description for further information.
Role Description - Home Care Support Worker (PDF)
Emma Ghys, Community Services Manager
03 5751 9425 | [email protected]
Applicants are requested to submit their application including the following information via email to [email protected];
- Cover letter
- Resume including names and contact details of two professional referees
- Statement of capacity to meet the performance outcomes and selection criteria detailed in the Role Description
- Application for Employment
- Immunisation Status
- National Police History Check with no greater than 6 months currency
- Working with Children’s Check (where required)