Mark Robinson Scholarship for Rural Health
The Mark Robinson Scholarship for Rural Health is an annual Education and Study Award. It has been established by the Alpine Health Board of Management in recognition of the contribution of Dr J Mark Robinson and his family to the development of health services in rural Australia and more specifically those in the Kiewa Valley.
The Mark Robinson Scholarship for Rural Health is being promoted to encourage local people to take up studies in health related disciplines at either undergraduate or postgraduate levels and return to practice in the Alpine Shire.
One Scholarship will be awarded annually on a competitive basis.
The Scholarship will be available to all residents of the Alpine Shire to undertake a course of study at recognised Australian Universities or other recognised tertiary education institutions in the following disciplines:
- Health Sciences
- Medical Imaging Technology
- Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Occupational Therapy
- Orthotics and Prosthetics
- Radiation Therapy
- Social Work
- Speech Pathology
The following people have been successful in their application for the Mark Robinson Scholarship for Rural Health. These are:
- 2018 - Chloe Wilkinson (Bachelor of Nursing)
- 2017 - Lacey Brown (Bachelor of Nursing, Bachelor of Midwifery)
- 2016 - Shannen Cooper (Bachelor of Nursing, Bachelor of Emergency Health (Paramedic))
- 2015 - Glenn McIlroy (Bachelor of Paramedic Science)
- 2014 - Georgia Jackson (Bachelor of Podiatry)
- 2013 - Benjamin Bond (Bachelor of Physiotherapy)
- 2012 - Jessica Poyner (Bachelor of Psychological Science, Master of Occupational Therapy)
- 2011 - Amy Burrowes (Master in Dietetics)
- 2010 - Kelsey Graves (Speech Pathology)
- 2009 - Alice Bellingham (Bachelor of Medicine)
- 2008 - Elizabeth Brown (Bachelor of Physiotherapy)
- 2007 - Rebecca Morrison (Bachelor of Physiotherapy)
- 2006 - Catherine Gargan (Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery)
- 2005 - Warren Policha (Bachelor of Physiotherapy)
- 2004 - Alison Gargan (Bachelor of Physiotherapy)
All persons residing in the Alpine Shire are eligible to apply.
The following persons are not eligible to apply:
- Current Alpine Health staff members
- Alpine Shire residents who have been recipients of the Mark Robinson Scholarship for Rural Health in the preceding years.
How to apply
Applications must be made in writing to the Chief Executive Officer and on the provided application form designed for the purpose.
Applications must include:
- a copy of the applicant’s curriculum vitae,
- details of the proposed course of study or study tour proposed
- a statement of relevance of the proposal to rural health in Victoria.
Applications will be received for courses of study at recognised universities, colleges and other education institutions. All applications will be required to demonstrate a clear congruence between the proposed course of study and the present or future objects of rural health in Victoria. The Selection Committee will determine successful applicants for presentation of the Scholarships at each Alpine Health Annual General Meeting.
The Mark Robinson Scholarship for Rural Health is an annual competitive award. A Panel comprising of the Chairman of the Alpine Health Board of Management, Dr J Mark Robinson or an Alpine Health Visiting Medical Officer nominated by the Board, and the Chief Executive Officer will consider applications and select the successful application.
Successful applicants will be required to complete their proposed course of study in the calendar year following the award of the Scholarship. Successful applicants will be required to report on their completion of their studies for inclusion in the Alpine Health Annual Report. Successful applicants will be required to return the Scholarship if they do not undertake the proposed course of study and/or seek approval from the Selection Committee to vary their proposed course of study.
For more information please contact the Chief Executive Officer Alpine Health, Mr Lyndon Seys on 03 57519344 or email@example.com