Entry Program for Internationally Qualified Nurses - EPIQ
Your journey to nursing in Australia starts here
Myrtleford Victoria, Australia
2 November 2020 and 14 December 2020
The EPIQ program (previously IRON program) is designed to orientate overseas qualified registered nurses through the working conditions and expectations of the Australian health care system, preparing them to be work-ready and equipped to continue their nursing careers in Australia.
Alpine Health delivers the Entry Program for Internationally Qualified Nurses (EPIQ) through its partnership with La Trobe University. The EPIQ program is accredited by the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council (ANMAC) and approved by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA).Successful completion of this program will enable EPIQ students to apply to the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia for registration as a Registered Nurse.
Students are trained and assessed to Australian Registered Nurse Standards and are work ready with the following skills:
- Patient centred focus
- Clinical competencies including best practice quality care and quality & safety standards
- Professional and interpersonal skills
- Technically adept
- English language proficient
Students participating within the EPIQ Program are required to undertake both a theoretical, practical and clinical component for successful completion of the program.
About the Partnership
The partnership arrangement between La Trobe University and Alpine Health combines La Trobe University’s academic framework expertise in the delivery of study programs for international students, with Alpine Health’s experience in the hospital based delivery of the EPIQ program.
Alpine Health is recognised as one of the more innovative Rural Health Service providers in Australia. We actively persue diverse strategies to support acute hospital, residential and community aged care services, primary care services, health promotion and training and education activities. Alpine Health’s great strength is flexibility, allowing health and education services to respond directly to the needs of clients, customers and students. Alpine Health offers a perspective on health education, training and development referenced and tied to the provision of quality health service.
La Trobe University was the third university estabilished in Victoria and is one of Australia’s leaders in research and higher education. More than 167,000 students have graduated from La Trobe and among them are CEOs of some of Australia’s most prominent organisations, parliamentarians, medical researchers, human rights activists and Olympians. La Trobe University is ranked in the top 1.0% of 27,000 universities worldwide (QS World University Rankings 2019).
La Trobe Rural Health School (LRHS) are creating and strengthening the future health workforce of regional and rural Australia. With over 3000 students, La Trobe is the largest rural health school in Australia. Their expert staff and purpose-built facilities bring world-class health education to regional Victoria. They teach and research in 11 disciplines across La Trobe's regional campuses at Albury Wodonga, Bendigo, Mildura and Shepparton. Their well-established courses ensure graduates are highly regarded in their respective industries.
Our main training facility is located in Myrtleford, in regional North East Victoria in Australia. We are approx 3.5 hrs drive from Melbourne.and 6.5 hrs drive from Sydney.
It is best practice to ensure that accommodation for clinical placement is close to the placement site. Fully furnished accommodation is available on-site or within a short walking distance to facilities. Accommodation fees are in addition to tuition fees. For more information please contact Alpine Health on 03 5751 9382 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Current Registration as a registered nurse in a country other than Australia
- Valid letter from the Australian Health Professionals Regulation Agency (AHPRA) confirming eligibility for registration as a registered nurse in Australia upon satisfactory completion of an ANMAC-accredited Program.
English Language requirements
- IELTS (Academic): overall score of 7.0 with no band less than 7.0
- TOEFL Paper based: overall score of 600 with 6 or better in TWE (Test of Written English)
- TOEFL Internet based (iBT): overall 98 with 24 in Reading, 24 in Listening, 23 in Speaking and 27 in Writing.
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE): overall score of 65 with no communicative skill score less than 65
Other Mandatory requirements
Students must also meet a set of mandatory requirements to be eligible for the course.
- Police Check
- Working with Children Check
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible to apply for EPIQ, you must:
- currently reside in an Australian state or territory. Due to COVID-19 and subsequent travel restrictions in Australia, La Trobe University and Alpine Health can only accept applicants currently residing in Australia at this time
- relocate to Myrtleford for the duration of the course
- meet the English language, academic entry requirements and mandatory requirements
Note: Meeting the requirements does not guarantee acceptance into this program.
Register your Interest
Your journey to nursing in Australia starts here.
► Register your interest